Thursday, June 25, 2009

SPAGETTINI IL CLASSICO @ CIBO =D

The Hubby not being a pasta fan, I haven’t been to Cibo in ages. Recently, I visited the new kid section for a quick gift-buying gift for Dos, BFF Mart’s second baby. I was going to be ninang at his baptism, but I could not attend because I’d be in Baguio with the fam for Mother’s birthday. So she decided that I will be the ninang who attend the baptismal seminar on behalf of everyone else. Haha!

The seminar was at 8:00 p.m. From Siob-Siob’s baptismal seminar (which Hubby Sweet had to attend), I knew it was going to last at least an hour. While waiting for the folks at Baby Co. to finish giftwrapping, I decided to sneak in a quick dinner.

I must say, taking my first forkful of Spaghettini Il Classico felt like meeting up with a long-lost friend. I had loved it from the time Cibo was still in the hallway across the old Sukhothai in Glorietta. It wasn’t even a proper restaurant back then, but it piqued our interest because (1) it was in a weird location, and (2), it had shiny stainless steel chairs and tables with orange, paper placemats. (Ang babaw namin, haha.) It was love at first bite, and I think I would forever credit Cibo (and Italianni’s) with my education that there is more to pasta than hotdog and meat spaghetti. Hehe. =)

Garlic and chili flakes in olive oil. Al dente pasta. Simple. Uncomplicated. Delicious. One of my favorite comfort foods. Perfect break for busy, stressful lives. Perfect for that Tuesday when I had to go to the office before 7:00 a.m. and when I had to work through lunch to finish all business requirements before 5:00 p.m. so I can sneak out of the office to buy the gift for Dos before I brave the horrible traffic on EDSA and Ortigas on my way to Mary the Queen in Greenhills and make it to the 8:00 p.m. baptismal seminar with time to spare. Whew! =)

With every bite, time stopped.

At least for the entire duration of my meal, there was peace.

‘Twas good to be back. =)


********************************************
Cibo is now in the new kid's section @ the top floor of Rockwell where the old bowling alley used to be. Bigger and better than their old ground floor location beside Starbucks. =)

3 comments:

kris said...

sarap nyan! #2 pasta ko yan sa cibo. #1 is spaghetti al pesto! tapos spinach dip on the side! ooohlala. heaven.

toyang&tweety said...

Correct!!! I actually wanted to get the Spinach Dip, but mag-isa lang ako. Too much, too much....Man! Gusto ko tuloy kumain ng Spinach Dip ngayon! =D Try ko yung Pesto nila next time. I trust your taste. Haha! =)

kris said...

actually yung al pesto wala sa menu nila e. before yun, i don't know abt their new menu. since pesto lover ako, i order that kahit wala sa menu. sobrang sarap, it's not "buttery" and tamang tama lang ang lasa. wala pa kong nahanap na pesto kahit saan na katulad ng pesto sa cibo!