Thursday, January 31, 2008

WICKED!!! - POPULAR =)

Man, my blogging backlog is unbelievable. Work got in the way. Haha! Before I move on to the rest, I thought I'd finish this "Wicked" series. Haha. =D

While the songs from Wicked are generally great, two are well-known. This is one of them. It is literally...well..."Popular". Hahaha! 'D It shows the beginning of the two Witches of Oz' friendship, despite their initial loathing of each other. =)

There are many videos posted on You Tube--some of which were directly lifted from the play itself. I picked this one because I have such great respect for the musical, I can't get myself to post the videos that were probably taken on the sly during the actual staging. Haha. In any case, I do have a second reason for choosing this one. I'm assuming it was shown on the Today Show soon after Wicked opened on Broadway. It also features Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. Although countless actresses may have played Elpheba and Galinda since then, Idina and Kristin were the originals. They were also the ones I saw when I saw the play. Height of sentimentality, I know. So sue me. Haha! =)

No comments: