Tuesday, January 15, 2008

WALKING THE WALK / JANUARY 14,2008

In preparation for the corporate-wide health & wellness program that will be launched tomorrow evening during which employees will be running around Bonifacio High Street, the Bev group distributed pedometers to all of the Marketing folks this morning. For those not in the know, pedometers are neat devices that you attach to your belt or waist band; it supposedly counts walking steps based on your waist movement.

"To count accurately, please wear the pedometer vertically, about 6 inches left or right from the central line of your waist," the pedometer instructions read.

Off the internet, I got hold of a set of goals that would define the target number of steps one must take each day in order to achieve optimum health. According to http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/locke122004.htm:

  • Under 5,000 steps/day describes a sedentary lifestyle,
  • 5,000 - 7,499 steps/day is typical of daily activity excluding sports or exercise and may be considered a low active lifestyle,
  • 7,500 - 9,999 steps/day is typical of someone who exercises or walks (or whose job involves much walking) and might be considered somewhat active,
  • 10,000 steps/day indicates the point that should be used to classify individuals as active.
  • 12,500+ steps/day refer only to highly active individuals.

Just for fun, I strapped on my pedometer as soon as I got it (which is around 10:00 a.m. this morning). Let's see....=)

I knew I was in trouble when my pedometer kept on re-setting because my..uh...love handles kept on accidentally squeezing the reset button. Hahaha! 'D Santa Barbara! Que horror...=)

Still, even if I added back the 71 and the 68 steps I have accumulated before my pedometer reset, to the number of steps I have taken since then (as measured in my pedometer's reading as of 4:20 this afternoon), it will all amount to....uh.....

71

+68

+218

= 357!!!

Man! I suppose this can only mean one thing. I am less than human. I am actually A PLANT. Hahaha! 'D

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

talo ka pa ng sanggol kong pamangkin haha!

lafftrip naman yung pag-reset-reset ng pedometer mo, haha!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! 'D

Anonymous said...

BTW, ang yabang mo. 3,330 steps na ako! Hahaha. Nag-panic from yesterday. Haha! 'D

Anonymous said...

quoting you: "under 5,000 steps/day = SEDENTARY"

haha! ako kaya, gosh siguro today naka 100 pa lang ako haha.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Isa ka ring office plant. =D