Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WALKING THE WALK, PART 2 / JANUARY 15,2008

Panicked at the thought of having a new category set-up for myself and the millions of cubicle-dwellers out there (less than 500 steps/day = office plant moved around by the janitor everyday for watering, haha), I signed up for the inaugural walk/jog/run night of what was meant to be a twice-a-week corporate-wide event. Everyone is allowed to go at their own pace, the organizers advised. I suppose, this is in consideration of the fact that while some of the participants are at the peak of physical fitness, the others are quite simply physically pffft. Hahaha! 'D The important thing, they said, is for us to start building a culture of health & wellness within the office. Hopefully, if we keep at it, we can entice more and more people (both employees and non-employees alike) to join the twice-a-week fitness walk/jog/run. =)


Four rounds of....uh....OK....brisk walking (hey, I have to start somewhere!) around the Bonifacio High Street outer perimeters had me sweating, but thankfully not huffing! (I deemed it wise not to keep up with the others who actually ran. I was safely sandwiched brisk walking between the actual runners and the leisure wanderers. Hahaha! 'D) Pao--who measured the distance using his car's odometer--advised everyone that each round is equivalent to 1.2 kilometers. HA! That's almost 5 kilometers right there! Yey!!! ^_^


I thought it quite serendipitous that as I walked back to the office, I clocked my 10,000th step (yey, healthy adult!) almost right in front of the Nike Superstore. JUST DO IT! O, sya, sya....hahaha! 'D


This pedometer gadget is a great tool, I tell you. At the end of the day, I suppose, if I haven't clocked 10,000 steps yet, it's a signal for me to start running around inside our flat! Hahaha! 'D Santa Barbara....=)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! are you sure pure steps lahat yan? baka kasi "kembot-in-place" yung iba dyan ha, hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Yes. Give or take a few kembots. Hahaha! 'D

Anonymous said...

bhwhat's with the pedometer craze? the other day martha was asking me to get her one... i thought mybe because she got inspired with your post, pero di pa pala nya nabasa. well, i better get her one while she's into it

Anonymous said...

Haha! Baka nakausap niya si Carol. =) In any case, yes, go get her one! Hehe. Saan nakakabili ng decent pedometer? I just got mine for free eh. I want to get Kiko one as well (although he doesn't really need it because he plays tennis and wakeboards regularly). It's just that, during the "inaugural run", our CFO had a high-tech looking pedometer. Kaso binigay lang din daw sa kanya so di niya alam kung saan nabibili. =)