Saturday, February 2, 2008

WICKED!!! - DEFYING GRAVITY

Here you go! The final one in this particular series. =)

Although Avenue Q won the Best Musical @ the 2004 Tony Awards (something that perplexes me actually, despite the fact that I also super love Ave Q too =)), Wicked moved on to win in 20 other categories that year including Best Actress with Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth as the two foremost runners in the category. Idina as Elpheba eventually won, and quite expectedly shared the award with Kristin. =) Must share that I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that Idina was the same actress who played the superfluous Mimi in my other super-loved musical, Rent! I didn't recognize her under the green exterior. Haha. =) Still, I must say I was impressed that she could play these two VERY DIFFERENT characters quite convincingly. Best actress nga siya! Haha! =)

Did I digress? Sorry. Haha. Back to the topic at hand! =)

After a startling discovery about the Wizard whom they held in high esteem, "Defying Gravity" marks the fork in the road between Elpheba and Galinda who forged a solid friendship and a solid reputation as the two most talented witches at Chiz (pre-Hogrwarts, yes, haha =)).

And so begins the Legend of the Wicked Witch of the West and of Glinda the Good.... =)

I WISH I WERE BACK IN BROADWAY!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2004 was a great year for musicals...thanks for sharing these vids with us. =)

Anonymous said...

Marts finally saw the musical in Chicago a few days ago. she really enjoyed it, naiyak pa daw sya! =)

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Super ganda yun! Sayang, di ka nakasama. =)

Anonymous said...

yeah, next time... the last time lion king ang napanood ko. but i know all the songs dito sa wicked,so i also look forward to catching it someday.