Friday, February 15, 2008

V-DATE! =) / FEBRUARY 14,2008

An officemate asked me yesterday if I was the type who would make a big deal out of Valentine's. 'Got me thinking. Uh.......NO. Hahaha! 'D

The question, however, made me realize that during My Wander Years (haha), I only made a big deal out of V-Day whenever I'm single & unattached, during which all my other single friends and I would literally band together and celebrate...uh...friendship (haha! 'D) or whenever I'm single-but-being-pursued (in which case, I will either go out if I liked the guy OR hide and pretend that I'm sick just to avoid being seen with someone I don't particularly fancy on THE day-of-all-days! Hahaha! 'D

Being in a relationship this and the succeeding V-Days for the rest of my life (Naks! Haha. =)), yesterday was officially a No-Date-Day for Hubby Sweet and me. I left the office early, but only because I did not want to run into the expectedly horrendous traffic on Boni High Street and Serendra. It was a marked difference, considering that I usually go home 7:00 p.m. at the earliest. Yesterday, I apparently got home too early. Haha! 'D

Expecting me to be home no earlier than 7:30 p.m., I opened the door a little after six to find the Hubby frantically taking off the "cups" from the roses that seem to have just been delivered. I walked down the hall to find a kitchen in total disarray. All the burners on the stove were lit. Soup was bubbling in one corner, even as the store-bought gravy was simmering in the mini-casserole. Mushrooms and garlic were sauteing in one pan (filling the air with the delicious garlic smell that I love), even as the grill-pan was being prepared to be heated on the big fire. On the counter laid four rib-eye steaks, surrounded by a bottle of olive oil, a set of salt & pepper shakers, a can of canned corn kernels and margarine. At his desk, the laptop was on-line, playing a video: How to Prepare and Enjoy Your Rib-Eye Steak.

I had walked into the makings of an in-home V-Date! Haha! Wow. =D

The pics may not look like much and would never stack up against all the other food-styled steaks @ Prince Albert or Highlands Steakhouse. Still, I don't think anyone will argue with me that these rib-eyes are among the most priceless I have ever tasted--notwithstanding the fact that they were served in mismatched plates, cut with mismatched utensils, and notwithstanding the fact that the side dishes were served in different-sized microwaveable containers. Haha! 'D

Happy V-Day, Sweetie!

I love you. =)

MWAH! '*



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! A for ay-fort :) (belated) happy heart's day to you both!

Unknown said...

ang sweet naman ni Kiko!!! for me, that's better eating out, definitely. In house v.d surprises are priceless :-)

belated happy V.D.

Anonymous said...

To you and cousin Jay too! =D