Monday, September 15, 2008

SYNOPSIS / AUGUST 30,2008 =D

I’m posting this to end the series. I don’t know Ana, but I suppose among all the videos posted on You Tube, hers best encapsulates what transpired that night.

15 songs.

Alapaap. Ligaya. Sembreak. Hey Jay. Harana. Fruitcake. Toyang. Kama Supra. Kailan. Wag Kang Matakot. Kaliwete. With A Smile. Shake Yer Head. Huwag Mo Nang Itanong Sa Akin. Lightyears.

And we were just getting started! I suppose it says a lot that despite the cancelled second set (and third if I understood it correctly from Marcus’ blogsite), each and every song in the first was enough to bring us back to “our times”. As the Eraserheads played and sang, we sang along with them. Word for word. Jumping. Headbanging. Screaming. Just like we used to. When they were still together. When they still talked to each other.

Rumors abound that there will be a Part II in December, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up just yet.

In the meantime, a borrowed line from one of my favorite movies of all time says everything I need to say after 15 songs, following six long years of waiting.

“Enough. Enough now.”

Yes.

For now, this would have to be enough.

No comments: