Monday, September 22, 2008

CHECKLIST! / AS OF SEPTEMBER 22,2008

In June 2007, I posted this blog in my old, now inactive friendster blogsite. I thought it's about time I did some checking. You know, just to see how far I've gone--and just how far I would still need to go to get things done. =)

********************************************

TO-DO LIST

I’ve always had this philosophy about getting things done. If I want to make sure I WILL DO AS I SAID I WOULD, I tell other people about it. I know my ego enough to know that once I tell other people that I will achieve something by a certain time, my ego will not allow me to slack off lest I don’t deliver. Hahaha! It has worked well in the past. The other day, I was reading through my past blogs and was quite happy to note that everything seems to be on track, and that the only thing posted in a past list that was really delayed and generally left undone was the installation of the shelves in the kitchen cabinets. (For the record, it’s not because of any lack of effort on my part. It’s about not finding the right ones. Ack! Hahaha. =))

In any case, I figured, if I post this List-of-Things-to-Do-Before-the-Year-is-Over, I will find that by December 2007, I have accomplished all of them.

Here goes:

  1. I want to be able to save enough money to pay for AT LEAST 50% of the cost of this townhouse in Loyola Heights that we’ve been eyeing. Blame it on Robert Kiyosaki. We want to start building our source of passive income. This townhouse will only be the first in the series of properties that we will acquire. I want to be able to at least acquire it by December this year.
  2. I want to be able to get this business that I’ve been tinkering with in my head off the ground. I want to be able to complete the business plan by July. Do the soft launch / trial run by August. Use all of September for any adjustments and getting all the business registrations completed. Go full-blast by October. No, I don’t intend to resign while doing this. By December, I hope to have a clearer idea of the full potential of this business idea. I need to know if, push comes to shove, it could be successful enough to be called a decent Plan B–if and when I decide to leave the corporate world for a set-up where I have more control of my time.
  3. I want to be accredited as a "contributing writer" for one of the magazines out there. I have always fancied being a writer. I just never pursued it because, well, because I know brand management pays more money. Hahaha! At this point in time though, I crave to be part of something creative. So there. I will send out samples of my work (do blogs count? hehe) in the vain hope that some editor will take notice. I am even willing to work for peanuts. Hahaha! At this point in time, I just want to be able to do something different and something totally unrelated to my line of work.

I’ll stop at three to keep the list manageable. I promise to post an update by January 1,2008. Hold me accountable if I don’t deliver. =)

******************************************************

Hmmmmnnnnnn....This checklist is even more delayed than I thought! Haha! 'D

On #1....Hmmmmnnnn...'Got sidetracked. Totally forgot about Robert Kiyosaki and bought a bigger place instead. Haha! 'D Uh....does it count that after we move into House Royal next year, we will put House Pioneer up for rent? Haha! =D Sya, sya. I'm cheating, I know. =D The Kiyosaki Agenda will find its way back to the top of our list eventually. Right after we finish paying for the Royal (both in the figurative and literal sense) amortizations. Ack! *Sheepish grin...=D*

On #2....Hmmmmmnnnn....business plan.....business plan....uh....can business reviews and marketing plans count instead? ACK! Hopeless. Hopeless! Must really get back on track. Hmp. *Eyes rolling with tongue sticking out, followed by an exasperated BAH!...=/*

On #3....Hmmmmmnnnn....let me pose the question again.....uh......do blogs count? HAHAHAHAHAHA...hay....=(

I have quite obviously been remiss. Hmp! >:[

Must get going now.

*Deep, deep, sigh....=(*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe, you still have 3 more months to catch up! ;)