Monday, April 21, 2008

STORY TELLING / APRIL, 2008

After almost 15 years in Marketing, very few things make me sit up and take notice. This one did.

I got a text from the Boss telling me to expect a call from one JB about a possible print ad in JB’s mag. I sent an obligatory OK message, the entire time thinking it would be another one of those things I would have to do because I was told to do so. I have not even heard of the mag before.

I got the call. JB asked if I would be open to creating a “fictional story” for my print ad. “Uh….what exactly do you mean?” I asked, quite honestly perplexed. Years of experience with Ad Board and BFAD substantiations have left me wary about the term “fictional”. Everything must be based on truth. What on earth is he talking about?

JB sought to explain, that creating a “fictional print ad” is more consistent with the magazine’s creative intent, and that he was hoping I would be open to it. He can do the straightforward print ad, he said, if I insisted on it. It really wouldn’t be an issue. It’s just that….well, it’s just that he’s hoping I would say yes to the fictional stuff.

“Maybe it would be best if I send you samples of the magazines,” he volunteered, “I can even e-mail you copies of the print ads we have recently done for some of our clients.”

I told him it would probably be best.

He sent me these.

Here's hoping that you will actually be able to read the copy when you click on the images to enlarge. They blew me away. =)


















































In this age of technology, fast lives and hard sell, it is nice to be reminded that, yes, there ought to be room for the small things. The soft things. The stuff that are, quite ironically, real.

I can’t wait for their treatment of MY print ad. =)

********************************************

STORY is published by English M Publishers, Inc.. and is distributed by Mega Magazines Publication Inc. (MMPI). Call 6347744 (MMPI) or 4145957 (English M) for details.
Methinks you’d enjoy it if you’re the type who likes to read. =)

8 comments:

angelaze said...

nakakaiyak! pero hindi ako naiyak... humagulgol lang. Tulo luha at sipon. ano ba yun?! whaahhh!!!

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

HUWHAT????!!! HAHAHA! Nakakatawa ka naman, AA! But, really, ang galing nung print ads, 'no? =D

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

Ako naman ay na-touch lang. Pero di ako naluha. Haha. Loko lang. =)

angelaze said...

grabe naman kse. sobra galing nung ads. simpleng kwento pero yung tatatak sa puso mo

Anonymous said...

Post mo yung del monte version ha. i'm intrigued =)

Anonymous said...

nice! some ads in the outdoor magazines i read have similar formats - actually quite refreshing to read. so, did you create one already?

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

Lee! Yup, ginagawa pa! =D

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

Only saw the copy pa lang eh. They're still doing the actual ad. Susko! Why do I get the feeling it's going to be a let-down after all these great "predecessors"? Haha!