Thursday, March 3, 2011

ZOOPER ZATUHRDAY!!! =D

So this one's a take two. =D

I previously raved about Ze Muzikal, having dragged Hubby Sweet to see it with me two years ago. My enjoyment of Zsazsa Zaturnnah (Ze Muzikal) was so immense that when I had no choice but to watch the movie version to while away my day in the province over the holidays, I laughed not because I thought the movie was funny (it was not), but because I remembered how the same scenes were hilariously played out in the stage version.

And so it also goes that in an apparent facebook trail, I managed to goad my jeje office friends (;p) to see it the next time it is staged (except that they decided that they will only see it if I go with them). Thus, take two--and a take two, really, that I didn't mind--this time with Eyz-Eyz and Chrizh. (The Hubby is tied up these days anyway with weekend duties at the Shang so it turned out to be a girl's Zsatuhrday out! =))

We had previously decided to meet up for lunch before the 3:00 p.m. matinee, but decided to forego our Yakimix buffet try-out in consideration of Eyz-Eyz's...uh...condition. ;p Not being familiar with the area, we agreed to meet up in CCP instead (yes, despite the title, sushal ang venue =)), and just take one car in search of wherever else we will finally eat. I arrived earlier than they did and quite serendipitously found that there are now eating places right beside CCP. After a quick run-through of the area, I squealed when I discovered there was an Army Navy Burger & Burrito outlet in one of the nooks (yes, I'm also babaw that way). Hubby Sweet had previously raved about it, having tried it in Tagaytay with his wakeboard buds, but I thought Tagaytay is a long way to go for a decent burger and burrito.

I immediately liked the place as soon as we climbed up the steps to get to the second floor (Yellow Cab was occupying the first level.) OUR MISSION: COME IN HUNGRY, WALK OUT HAPPY. Good mission, I thought. 'Hope they really deliver.


OK, so the plan was we will order different things after we surveyed the menu and realized that there was a lot we wanted to try (burgers, different types of burritos, cheesesteak sandwiches, quesadillas, etc., etc.!), but only so much that our stomachs could handle.


I decided to try the Burger that Hubby Sweet was raving about with sidings of Freedom Fries (think Twister Fries flavor, except they're straight. =)). Eyz-Eyz unsuccessfully tried to convince me to get the triple-decker. Hello! That's bigger than me, 'no! I decided to stay with the regular burger instead with no fancy toppings. Just lettuce, ketchup, mayo, mustard. Burger heaven, notwithstanding the simple condiments, although I did wish the burger were more compact. =) I also found that dipping Freedom Fries in a combination of ketchup, mustard and spicy garlic sauce is close to french fry nirvana. ^_^


That said, out came my two companions. Excitedly, I asked them what they ordered. Not having agreed on who will order what else, they decided to order THE. SAME. THING. Mga laos! Haha. ;D In any case, they both ordered the Steak Burrito. It was good and filling, but I'm not really a burrito fan. I actually don't see the point of wrapping and eating carb (rice) with another carb (tortilla wrap).



I suppose I can come back next time to try the others. (Army Navy is owned by the same group as Yellow Cab Pizza so I figured outlets will be mushrooming over the metro soon. =))

The outlet was small so we had no choice but to dine al fresco which we initially dreaded because of the noonday heat. Quite surprisingly, it was comfortably breezy outside, and the light breeze complemented our hilarious conversation over great food quite well. Situated next to the marina, we also got this view. Not bad for a P200-250/person meal (including drinks), right? =)


We had time to spare by the time we finished lunch so we all decided to skip over to the nearby Icebergs outlet for a halo-halo and mais con hielo fix. Diets be damned! Leche. Haha. =D


With 30 minutes to go, we decided to cross the street to the CCP Little Theater entrance. It was time for the show.

Zatuuuuur-nah! Ah! ;D

O, zsya! =D

No comments: