Friday, February 11, 2011

SOUP FOR THE TIRED SOUL @_@

It's past 6:00 p.m on a Friday afternoon and I'm just about ready to keel over from sheer exhaustion. This has been a tiring, tiring week! Actually, come to think of it, this has been a tiring, tiring month! @_@

I just realized that every Monday, for the past 4 weeks, I've been sleepily hitting the snooze button to bargain for just a few more minutes in bed. In my half-awake, half-asleep state, I would pray to God, "Just get me through this week please, because I really don't know how on earth I'm going to survive it."

Then the week ends and I marvel at the fact that I did survive--only to find myself going through the same cycle the following week.

Right now, I'm running on empty, and all I really want is to go home, curl up in bed and sleep. But my car plate unfortunately ends with "0" (long story) so I'd have to stay put just a bit more.

I wish I had a bowl of Ukokkei Miso Chashu in front of me while I wait.


My pic does not really do it justice, but never mind. My taste buds remember how it really is. Springy noodles. Pork slices with subtle layers of fat that practically melt in my mouth. Hot, miso-based soup. Oh, yessssss......THE. SOUP. So flavorful, there is a growing legend about it turning unsuspecting first-time visitors into raving ramen addicts who couldn't care less about paying almost P400 for every bowl.

I wish I had a bowl in front of me right now so I can sip and feel the stressballs melt as the soup races through my veins.

It's 6:55.

Well, what do you know.

I can finally go home.

Happy weekend, everyone!

********************************************************************

For the curious, Ukokkei is at the Tesoro's Building along Pasay Road. If you're coming from Paseo de Roxas, turn right. If you're coming from Amorsolo, Ukokkei is about two buildings down from Kashmir.

No comments: