Tuesday, April 28, 2009

KALOKOHAN! =(

With Hubby Sweet on the health bandwagon lately (as I desperately try to tag along), I suggested that we eat at the new Kenny's Roast & Grill. I had passed by Kenny's often enough everytime we go to Rockwell (our fave mall), but have admittedly never eaten there because I usually reserve it for when we go to the more, uh, mass-based malls. In Rockwell, there are better restaurants to eat in.

All those gigantic billboards on Edsa must have done a superb job (it's either that or the end-of-the-month-set-allowance-dwindling-kind-of-thing that did me in). "Sweet, let's eat na lang at Kenny's." The Hubby agreed.

Now, for the record, I thought they just renovated. New look. Same old Kenny's. The fact that the server directed us to a table was the first sign that something was up. At Kenny's, you line up for your quarter chicken and watch as two sidings of your choice get slopped onto your plate. Hmmmnnnn.....lightbulb moment. Oh! So Kenny's Roast & Grill is going to be like the Pizza Hut Cafes all over HK. Kenny's, but slightly more sosy. O, sya. =)

We moved to a table. The server advised us that if we order plates from a certain section, we can also enjoy the soup and salad buffet. OK. The Hubby and I ordered two different chicken dishes.

The salad buffet layout itself was impressive.

Fresh greens.


An assortment of other veggie toppings on a bed of ice.


Potato salad, pasta, chicken strips, crumbled egg.



Ham, nuts, cheese.


An assortment of dressings.






































This is how my salad ended up. Because I thought, "Sya, lubusin na ang health ek," I decided to go for the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette instead of the Ceasar Salad dressing.


Mukha lang siyang masaya, pero HINDI siya masarap! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! All the ingredients were seasoned on the bland side. Heck, even the vinaigrette was bitin. It was not sweet enough. Neither was it sour enough. I was so disappointed, I couldn't find the strength to go for seconds. Bah. =(

The soup (Chicken Vegetable supposedly), was nothing great either. Just clear soup with a few bits of veggies. Even I could have cooked this one. Susko! =(


Finally, my chicken arrived. I ordered the Classic, thinking one can never go wrong with Kenny Roger's classic chicken. Quarter chicken. Ngweh. Does this look like a quarter chicken to you? Quarter of a very small chicken. Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!


So maybe it was plated for portion-control purposes. Maybe I did not get the concept. I suppose there was a disconnect with my extreme satisfaction with Kenny Roger's Roasters, and this, its upper-crust sibling. It's like looking forward to having dinner with the family of a jolly, good friend, only to realize that the rest of the family is uptight and bland as a soaked carton. Ack!

We really wanted to get out already and put this sad, sorry experience behind us so we asked for the bill.

P700 almost!

Yun ang pinakamalaking kalokohan! Grrrrr.....

For that amount, kahit isama ang desserts, di pa din sulit. =(

And, yes, these, you would have to pay for separately.



Hay! =(

9 comments:

ricky garcia said...

nakakagutom!

toyang&tweety said...

Yun ang problema, Riki! Mukha siyang nakakagutom. Kaya ang taas ng expectation ko. Tapos...well....sobrand overpriced for the taste they delivered. =(

Harming said...

Ayan ang nagagawa ng di nagbabasa ng menu bago pumasok! Hahahahaha! My plebeian ways saved me last Sat after all. :-) When I saw na PhP285 ang quarter chicken... backed out na. After all, never had to pay that much for Kenny's before and I was not about to pay premium for ambience. ;-) Went instead to Zaifu where, for PhP800, we were stuffed full and were so satisfied as usual!

ricky garcia said...

ack! akala ko pa naman sulit. =)

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

Lech, talaga, Harming! Hay...I think I lost my savvy for detecting non-sulit stuff after college grad. Ack! =(

Harming said...

"I think I lost my savvy for detecting non-sulit stuff after college grad."

... well, you can never say I did not foresee this! Think back to Cravings coffee or Ma Mon Luk siopao way back IN college! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

rommel said...

uuu...uuu...uuu...can we go to this place when i come back...pppllleeeaasssee... =)

toyang&tweety said...

AYAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Dito ka. Dun kami next door sa Pepper Lunch. HAHA! =D

bj said...

ate there once and never again will...nagoyo din kami dyan!