Friday, April 24, 2009

I SO DID NOT ANTICIPATE THIS PROBLEM...=D

Hay, naku! When Hubby Sweet and I first decided to get a pup, I had my heart set on getting a male one. I had females growing up, and while I loved all of them like they were my kids, I told myself that, this time, I did not want the hassle of having to wipe droplets of blood off everything. I also did not want to live through the hassle of having to "protect" her from every single, male dog that seems to be waiting for her right outside the door when she's in heat.

And so it goes that Buster J is Buster J because we really set out to look for a male mini-schnauzer.

When it came to buying a second pup to keep Buster J company, instead of buying a female mini-schnauzer, I convinced the Hubby to buy another male dog instead. They'll be barkadas. They'll be brothers. Hay!

The plan worked for a while. AND THEN, they turned one. Hala! From then on, I suppose the hormones kicked in and they haven't stopped raging since! Santa Barbara....=D

Anyway! I have since found out that because I purposely rid myself of the hassle of female dogs in heat, I inadvertently brought upon myself the hassle of having to live with two male dogs who are constantly trying to hump each other. HAHAHA! Santa Barbara....=)

So, anyway! I feel like I'm a mom in search of a prom date for her kid. Hahaha! In any case, I'm seriously looking for a girlfriend for each of them. Leave a note in the comments section if you think there's potential for love (I'd settle for lust ;p) between your pup and mine. =)

This is Buster J. He's a mini-schnauzer. When we first bought him, Hubby Sweet wanted to have his ear cropped, but I got awa so I put my foot down and said no. So the fact that he has ears the size of radars today is my fault. Haha. (Maybe it's also the angle from which I shot him. I couldn't take a "level" pic because everytime I sit down, he rushes to lick my face. Hay....=D)


This is how he looks like from the side. Guwapo! Naks! Haha. =D


This is Barrioca. He is a wire-fox terrier. I think I'd have an easier time finding a mate for Buster J because wire-fox terriers are still relatively rare around these parts. In any case, here's hoping some of you know someone who owns one! =D (BTW, please ignore his tail. It usually looks like a bottle brush, but when we brought him for grooming last Saturday, the groomer wasn't too familiar with wire-fox terriers, so the Hubby had to guide him through it. Kaso, the Hubby got distracted for a while and looked away. When he looked back, hala! The groomer sheared all the wire-hair off Barrioca's tail na! HALA! Haha! Di bale. We're hoping it will grow back. FAST. =D)

And this is how Barrioca looks like from the side. =D


************************************
Leave a note in the comments section if you're interested. Thanks! =D

10 comments:

coleen said...

Ola ola ola! Nakoh, the poor lil boys! They need to experience s*x even just once. Then again, if you start em, they might keep looking for it. Ya know how boys are bwhahahahaha. Teka, tao ata naiisip ko bwhahahhaha

But sige, if I know of any one who has a mini schnauzer or wire fox terrier, will let ya know =)

toyang&tweety said...

Hala, Coleen! Ayan...napaisip tuloy ako. Baka better nga that they don't know na lang what they're missing. Haha! Otherwise, baka maging parang mama-san ako na naghahanap ng girlet for them every week! Hala! Haha! =D

nicole said...

i have schnauzer :) but its not mini ata hehe :)

toyang&tweety said...

HAHA! Umabot kaya si Buster? =) Buster is only about 1 foot and a half. Di pa yata umabot ng two feet. Haha! I'll post pics. Is your doggie in heat? =D

nicole said...

Hmmm.... Baka its tooo big for buster and barry :( i'll ask around with my friends hehe :)

nicole said...

Sayang... hehe!

chenggay said...

No dogs Eileen but just wanted to say super adorable naman your dogs! Am a dog lover but can't bear leaving them everytime we travel so decided not to get one :-(

toyang&tweety said...

Hay, naku! You said it, Chenggay. Ang hirap talaga. Especially when I have to go on business trips. Eh, eto pa namang si Buster, the mini-schnauzer, lumabas lang ako ng flat para magtapon ng basura sa garbage chute, pagbalik ko, parang isang buwan kaming di nagkita! Haha. Hay....=)

marian said...

Im glad you decided to get dogs! they're just so lovable and adorable! They'll love you without conditions!

marian said...

naku you just started the same process that started me having so many dogs! Pero watch out, i had an accident that i will never forget! 2 dogs of mine fought so badly one of them died.