Friday, February 27, 2009

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! =D

I'm addicted. =(

I've long sung praises for the R&D gods at Oishi, but this one really takes my bingeing dangerously close to the third circle of Dante's inferno. Sya, sya. I only meant to say (while pretentiously trying to sound more intellectual than I really am, haha) that it has taken my gluttony to a whole new level. It doesn't matter how many packs, I only stop when they're all gone. ACK! =(


Meet Marty's Vegetarian Chicharon. I first came across it in one of the lootbags that I got from the ASC (the new-generation Ad Board ;p). I was skeptical at first, but one bite turned me into a lunatic running up and down the cubicles at the Pineapple & Tomato Company, asking everyone to try! I think in one afternoon, I managed to create a cult. HAHA! =D

Somewhere along the way, some of the other folks "discovered" it on their own. And so it goes that, these days, everytime someone declares he/she is going to the supermarket (either for trade check or to buy product samples), someone inevitably shouts out, "Pwedeng pabili ng Marty's?" ACK! I say "Ack!" only because the National Sales Conference in Bohol is only days away, and this darn vegetarian chicharon isn't doing any of us any good. Haha! =D

It's not made with pork rind, but with pea powder cleverly formed into salty-sour crispy strips that resemble the honest-to-goodness chicharon. YUM! ^_^ It's also supposedly available as a salted variant, but I have to try that one.

Down it with diet soda and you could almost fool yourself into believing you're actually enjoying a healthy snack. Haha! NOT. The catch? When I looked at the nutribox, there it was, plain as day. Every serving will provide you with 20% of your RDV of fat. ACK! I knew it! It was just too good to be true. =D


Then again, everytime I see a pack and bite into one, I get tranced into thinking, "Heck....uh....I really don't care.....YUM! ^_^"


HAHA! =D


**************************************

Marty's is available in most supermarkets. If you're curious, try! BUT, if you're on a strict diet, STAY AWAY. Consider yourselves warned. Haha! =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup. it 's very chicharony pero "healthy." :-)

Anonymous said...

true masarap nga! its d new tempura chips... yan na ang i-serve sa meetings! haha

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Eileen! may utang pa ko sayo na 1 pack! i have here pero bawas na! hahaha! naggrocery ako last night omg OS sya kahit yung small packs!

Anonymous said...

it's your fault, eileen! i am one of the diehard members of the cult! :)

Anonymous said...

acck. my lenten sacrifice is chips and soda.

Anonymous said...

Hello?!!!! it's my diet food for 2 weeks now no hahahahahah

Anonymous said...

oishi's definitely come a long way since their one and only variant before: prawn crackers! amazing how they have come up with new products, baka mamaya may oishi ice cream na =)

Anonymous said...

I love it so much I googled about it to show it to my aunt~ I cant stop eating it!