Tuesday, July 24, 2007

BATH TIME @ THE BOUTIQUE

Getting a massage right after a long shower under a sunflower head was pure bliss. (I've always wondered how it felt like to take a bath under a "sunflower head". Now I know! =))

Oh, right. Yes. The shower.

I suppose in keeping with The Boutique's "experience love" theme, even something as mundane as taking a bath deserves to be raised to a higher level of sensuality. It's an exhibitionist's and a voyeur's dream come true. Haha! 'p
The bathroom wall is made with floor-to-ceiling glass. Yes, glass.

The kind that allows you to look out and view Taal Lake and the rolling hills as you lather up and take your bath, allowing you to feel absolute serenity as the water pours down on you from the sunflower shower head above.

Unfortunately, it's also the kind that will allow anyone with a decent binocular on Taal Lake and on the rolling hills to watch you lathering up and taking a bath--although I'm quite sure absolute serenity would NOT be the apt words to describe just how they'd be feeling. Hahaha! Ngyaaaahhhh...=)

All of a sudden turning modest, my husband had only this to say, "Ay, aber?! Ay, paano akong maliligo nito?! Makikita ng nature ang p^*%$#-*@#*& p^%&$^@ ko!!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 'P

He wouldn't hear of me taking a bath quite so exposed either. Now I know that the chance of someone being on Taal Lake with a binocular is quite nil, but the fact that the bathroom can be seen from The Boutique courtyard is something else. Free show for the dining guests?! Que horror! Gaaaaahhhhh!!! 'P
(Caveat: This photo of the courtyard was not taken by me. I don't know who took it, but I thought I'd use it to show just how many people can enjoy the free show! Haha! Thanks to the original photographer, whoever he or she may be. =))
Thankfully, after much searching with the panic literally growing, we found a brown "curtain" that can be hooked up to allow you to take your bath with.....uh....a little more privacy. Yey! (Never mind that we are now officially labelled "mga conscious". Hahaha! 'P)
Now, as part of the fee, The Boutique provides soaps, shampoos and conditioners. Fine. I know any decent hotel provides those. What makes this different is that the soaps, shampoos and conditioners were all "home-made", and you get to choose the scent you want after you check in. Peppermint. Lavander. Ginger. Etc. Etc. They then slice off the soap from big blocks and transfer the shampoo and conditioner into mini-containers which they then put it in a basket along with all the other neat stuff (laundry bag, loofah, bedroom slippers, etc.). I suppose if you really think about it, this is really no big deal. Taken into context, however, it is one of those gazillion and one details that made the experience just a bit more special. As opposed to being provided with generic hotel toiletries, we got to choose how we wanted to smell. Hahaha! Ang babaw. =)

Now, Hubby Sweet and I once talked about having souvenirs from every place we've been to. He interprets these souvenirs to be ref magnets (that will pepper our ref door); I interpret it to be toiletries that I intend to "display" in the master's bathroom as soon as we manage to build our real house. Hahaha. I know, I know. It sounds garish, but I promise it's going to be tastefully done once I get around to finally doing it. =)

So it goes that The Boutique aroma-therapy ek remained unused. We did, after all, have our trusty kikoy/kikay kit with us with all our usual stuff. In the spirit of having an ultimately unique experience--while at The Boutique--I'm quite sure Hubby Sweet and I were the only ones who ultimately chose to smell like Palmolive, Scalpex and Irish Spring. Hahaha! How plebian. Hahaha. =)

Hay, sya! All for now. More to come in the next blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow toy, this place a haven for "hmm"... ok ok.. hahahaha.. wag na nga.. but really, nice ah....

But i think the shower /bathroom is too much. ha?! It;s like what i saw on on of the maldives resort....parang super model lang ang may karapatan maligo don--ay!!!

at kami rin ni hubby jay, kanya kanyang concept din of what a souvenir should be. i want ornaments, cloths, jewelry, figurines etc. etc... but now, our ref is filled with magnets since he is the one who travels.. hahahahahahaha. oh well..

nice post. had a good laugh:-) and, happy first A!

TOYANG & TWEETY said...

Hahaha! What is it with these men and ref magnets?! Haha!

As for the you-know-what, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes, yes. I mean, with rooms named "I Lust", etc., what else could the entire place be for?! Hehe. =)

Thanks for the greeting. Is sila Trish still there? =)